Mr. Barkemeyer is a Baton Rouge, Louisiana prostitution defense lawyer. He provides representation to those with the criminal charges of prostitution, solicitation, pandering, and many others.
If you live out-of-state and have a prostitution charge in the Baton Rouge area, Mr. Barkemeyer may be able to handle your case so that you don't have to come to Louisiana.
See the video below for an explanation of the criminal charge of prostitution.
(1) The practice by a person of indiscriminate sexual intercourse with others for compensation.
(2) The solicitation by one person of another with the intent to engage in indiscriminate sexual intercourse with the latter for compensation.
(1) Customers are charged a fee for services which include prostitution, regardless of what portion of the fee is actually for the prostitution services,
(2) When the person knows or when a reasonable person in such a position should know that such aiding, abetting, or assisting is for prostitution, and
(3) When the proceeds or profits are to be in any way divided by the prostitute and the person aiding, abetting, or assisting the prostitute.
(1) Expose, touch, caress, or fondle the genitals, anus, or pubic hairs of any person or the nipples of the female breast; or
(2) To perform any acts of sadomasochistic abuse, flagellation, or torture in the context of sexual conduct.
(1) Enticing, placing, persuading, encouraging, or causing the entrance of any person into the practice of prostitution, either by force, threats, promises, or by any other device or scheme;
(2) Maintaining a place where prostitution is habitually practiced;
(3) Detaining any person in any place of prostitution by force, threats, promises, or by any other device or scheme;
(4) Receiving or accepting by a person as a substantial part of support or maintenance anything of value which is known to be from the earnings of any person engaged in prostitution;
(5) Consenting, on the part of any parent or tutor of any person, to the person's entrance or detention in the practice of prostitution; or
(6) Transporting any person from one place to another for the purpose of promoting the practice of prostitution.
Because the internet has changed the face of prostitution, there are many new issues that must be dealt with in a prostitution prosecution. Mr. Barkemeyer has the experience and knowledge to effectively represent clients charged with these crimes.
In the major Louisiana cities, especially Baton Rouge and New Orleans, law enforcement agencies have been making numerous prostitution arrests using any number of undercover methods, including:
There are many defenses available to the crimes of prostitution, solicitation, and pandering. Each case is different and defenses to these crimes depend on what type of evidence is available. Your first line of defense is to contact a skilled Louisiana criminal attorney right away. Your lawyer will evaluate the evidence and witnesses, question the appropriate persons, and work with you on building your case. The criminal defense attorneys at the law office of Carl Barkemeyer will act immediately to preserve any evidence favorable to the defense.
The Louisiana solicitation and prostitution defense lawyers at the law office of Carl Barkemeyer provide criminal defense for those individuals accused of solicitation, prostitution, and other sex crimes in the Parish of East Baton Rouge, as well as Livingston, Ascension, West Baton Rouge, Iberville, East Feliciana, West Feliciana, and Tangipahoa parishes. If you have been arrested or charged with an act of prostitution or solicitation please contact our office as soon as possible.
Contact Baton Rouge prostitution defense lawyer, Carl Barkemeyer at (225) 964-6720 for legal help.