Extortion charges are serious felony charges in state and federal court in Louisiana. Those convicted of Extortion may face lengthy prison sentences. Carl Barkemeyer defends those charged with Extortion in Louisiana. Learn more about Extortion charges in Louisiana by clicking here.
Extortion is the communication of threats to another with the intention thereby to obtain anything of value or any acquittance, advantage, or immunity of any description. The following kinds of threats shall be sufficient to constitute extortion:
(1) A threat to do any unlawful injury to the person or property of the individual threatened or of any member of his family or of any other person held dear to him;
(2) A threat to accuse the individual threatened or any member of his family or any other person held dear to him of any crime;
(3) A threat to expose or impute any deformity or disgrace to the individual threatened or to any member of his family or to any other person held dear to him;
(4) A threat to expose any secret affecting the individual threatened or any member of his family or any other person held dear to him;
(5) A threat to do any other harm.
Contact Louisiana Extortion Defense Attorney, Carl Barkemeyer, Criminal Defense Attorney for legal defense representation.
H. Taylor - Baton Rouge, Louisiana